We are a professional photo specialists that understands the importance of rescuing old photographs from potential loss or damage. We ensure that future generations will be able to see the people who have made their family what it is today. Using the latest digital technology, we can scan your entire photo collection and bring them back into your lives rather than gathering dust up in your loft.
We can scan:
- 35mm Negatives; and
- 35mm Slides.
We offer a choice of Photograph scanning resolutions of 300 dpi (standard) or 600 dpi (better). All images are scanned in to a standard jpeg format (other formats are available on request), cropped as necessary, rotated and colour corrected to ensure that they are of the highest quality and ready to view. All payments are made through our secure shopping cart system, and return postage via recorded delivery.
We scan most photos using our top of the range batch scanner, which combines speed and quality to give a fantastic result. For cardboard mounted photos, fragile photos or simply very large or very small photos, we use our flatbed scanners.
All photos remain on our premises for scanning and are securely stored. We understand that your photos are extremely precious and treat them as we would treat our own. We will let you know when they arrive, and when we expect to be ready to return them, and we check that you have received them. If you prefer to drop them off and collect them, that can be easily arranged.
35mm Slide / 35mm Negative Scanning
- Choice of standard (1200 dpi) and best resolution (4800 dpi).
- Digital ICE option to further enhance your slides.
- All images are cropped and rotated as necessary for immediate viewing.
DPI stands for Dots Per Inch, and as scanning is the process of converting a paper image to a digital image, is used as a measure of the detail of the scan. It is better understood as (pixels per inch) since this describes the amount of pixels to be scanned per inch of a photo. Generally, 300 dpi is suitable for most purposes, but if you have plans to enlarge the images then 600 dpi may provide a better enlarged image due to the additional information captured in the scanning process.
- We can scan your photos at either 300DPI or 600DPI.
- We can scan your 35mm Negatives / 35mm Slides at either 1200DPI or 4800DPI.
How it works:
- Place your order and choose your options. Put the photos in the order in which you would like them scanned otherwise we'll scan them at random.
- Send your media to us. We recommend using Recorded Delivery.
- We'll send you an email to confirm we've received your photographs.
- We'll scan your media depending on what service you've chosen.
- We'll post the media back to you along with the digital media.